Regulatory & Compliance
We are a competent and sustainable companion for the successful implementation of regulatory and legal requirements.
Our range of services includes the implementation of new regulatory requirements and the adaptation of existing regulations, as well as the optimization of regulatory process landscapes. In doing so, we act holistically and keep an eye on the effects on related business areas, as these are often also affected and offer further optimization potential. The identification of costs and associated potential savings is the basis for efficient implementation.
Excerpt from our service portfolio
- Implement new and adapt existing regulations
- Implementation and optimization of the transaction reporting infrastructure
- Conduct compliance health checks
- Implementation and optimization of management information systems (MIS) supported by the use of BI tools such as Tableau®
We implement and optimize transaction reporting across different jurisdictions
- SFTR – Securities Financing Transaction Regulation
- MiFIR Transaction Reporting (RTS 22)
- EMIR – European Market Infrastructure Regulation
- Dodd-Frank Act
- MMSR – Money Market Statistical Reporting
In addition, our services also cover initiatives in the following areas:
- Investment Tax Reform Act (InvStG)
- Withholding tax
- MiFID II (investor protection)
- SRD II - Shareholder Rights Directive
What are we doing?
- Gap Analysis
- Technical requirements documentation
- Functional specification
- Request for Proposal (RfP)
- Data Modeling
- Definition of Trigger Logic & Eligibility Rules
- Internal and external mapping
- Testing & documentation
- Ensuring Operational Readiness
and many more ...
Example of a success story
Implementation Money Markets Statistical Reporting (MMSR)
Our client, a universal bank, has commissioned us to implement the required implementation of the MMSR Directive.
MMSR includes a reporting requirement and had to be implemented for the following EUR-dominated products:
- FX Swaps
- Overnight Index Swaps (OIS)
- Unsecured transactions
The implementation also includes the establishment of a new interface to the Bundesbank (Regulator).
Reporting functionality must be migrated to the existing reporting environment. No synergies for repos and unsecured transactions.
Time pressure due to other mandatory regulations.
1. Business Analysis / Specification
- Perform a gap analysis and create the business requirements document for implementation
- Definition of criteria for reporting
- Definition of the trigger logic for processing action types
- Creation of internal mapping documents and mappings related to the transaction repository
2. Project management
- Close cooperation with the various trading desks, compliance and parallel projects
- Management of other open issues in collaboration with the IT Department and facilitation of all stand-up meetings, synchronization calls, jour fixes and retrospectives
- Test coordination and implementation
3. Post-Go-Live Support
- Transfer to post-live support for the operational business
Success story of our client
- Our client has been able to do the integration and deployment into its existing infrastructure. The implementation was done with minimal effort.
- Innovative solution concept: Creation of additional synergies for the implementation of future regulations such as SFTR
- Proactive identification of optimization potential by our consultants for the entire reporting infrastructure of our client
- In scope, in time, in budget - implementation of all binding requirements on time and in budget
- Smooth transfer to the operative business
Together we write success stories
- The combination of experience, curiosity and courage enables us to offer expert advice from the conception of a business model to the implementation and monitoring of third-party providers.
- We originate from the industry and bring process and system expertise in asset management and banking.
- Thanks to years of implementation experience we at NEXGEN have a solid overview that enables us to efficiently develop new requirements and optimizations.
- Exceed Clients Expectations - We look at challenges holistically and develop solutions that will exceed your expectations on a regular basis.
- We think outside the box and develop innovative solutions.
- We believe that success will be generated when working with our clients becomes true teamwork. You can rely on implementing your success story together with us as a trusted advisor.
- Through a regular exchange with software providers, we offer you the opportunity to support you in the technical implementation.